Thursday, October 9, 2008

Questions...

So here's the thing...I'm trying to stay focused, I'm trying to stay in the zone, and Yet I’m continuing to struggle with the ups and downs. Just like everybody else I’m trying to keep it real in the midst of the chaos, but it leaves me with questions about the how/why/when and where God is going to move next…

Our church is taking huge steps, it was built on a strong foundation, and God is calling us to do more than we could have ever imagined…and yet I still have questions.

I wonder about my boy Ezekiel when the Lord said, “eat this scroll and go speak to the house of Israel” (3:1). The scripture says, he opened his mouth and he ate it, tasting sweet as honey. It’s the same question before us now.

Are we willing to open our mouth to eat this scroll? Are we ready to do the things that God is asking us to do that are not even on our radar screen? Are we ready to really take the next step of faithfulness in order to help other people know and experience the Kingdom of God? Are we ready to sacrifice? Are we really ready to eat this scroll?
If we do our work in the Lord, we don’t do it in vain. (1 Corinthians 15:58). It’s time to eat the scroll friends…
Speak On IT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude...I'll speak on it! Brett here. Found your blog. Sweet! Here are my thoughts: God is crazy cool. When things are the toughest, I feel closest to God. It's easy to do it the other way and think "Where is God?" or "When is He going to move?". Then inevitably moving away from God out of anger, or hurt feelings like "God doesn't care" type stuff. To me, life's struggles, uncertainty, and downright painfulness are all things that make me feel close to Christ. Jesus went through a lot...to say the least. Mentally, phyically, spiritually, all of it. How did he stay strong? Prayer, meditation, and love. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is: As I personally wait and wait what seems like forever for God to move in things that are very important to me, I feel closer to the suffering of Christ (Though not on the same level, obviously. He'll give us only what we can handle.) That makes me feel loved...like God loves me so much he is teaching me in the only way that can possibly bring me closer to Him, through Jesus Christ. So there it is....although I get frustrated, and downright angry sometimes, I have no choice but to forge ahead into the unknown. I believe He loves me, and that's what keeps me cranking. We must count our blessings and be re-assured that God is on our side, and He loves us. We only fail when we stop moving. Peace!