Friday, December 18, 2009

My Best...

So as I was trying to find some boots for this snow to come I was listening to Mercy Me’s Christmas album, which happens to be one of my favorites ever! They have some really cool arrangements of some classic songs like Silent Night, Angels We Have Heard on High and the most classic O Holy Night. But the one song that I really dig is The Little Drummer Boy.

It’s basically like you remember with all the pa rum pum pum pum’s, and what not, but then it goes into this killer bridge that gives the song a whole new life and causes me to rethink how I’m living my life before Jesus.
“Shall I play for you? Shall I play for you? Mary looked at me and nodded the ox and lamb kept time, oh I played my drum for him, I played my best for Christ… I played my best for Christ.”

Have I played my best for Christ? That’s when it hit me.
Have I done my best to serve Christ? Have a done my best to love others the same way God loves me? Have I done my best serving the people of Fieldstone? Have I done best offering everything I have to God?

As we journey closer to the manger this year, as we come bringing gifts, I pray that we all “play our best for Christ.”

Much Love & Christmas Peace,
Speak On That!

No comments: