Friday, December 11, 2009

TEll IT....

A couple of weeks ago we started throwing out this idea that God Is Not Done and God is still actually working in the hearts and minds of people all around. I have already seen in the past couple of weeks that God is still raising the dead.
As we journey closer to the manger, I can’t help but be drawn to new life. Now, I know that I’m grown up, have more grey hair than most and probably a little cantankerous/difficult at times. And yet, even for me, I have the opportunity to enter into something very new as I consider the ways God is moving.
I guess what I mean to say is that God can still do something within me but I have to be willing.
Are you willing?
I believe an emphasis of Christmas falls on the spirit of willingness to receive the gift offered in and through Jesus Christ. Are you willing to receive freedom? Are you willing to forgive? Are you willing to grow up and take responsibility? Are you willing to love even in those moments that hurt you the most? Are you willing to listen? Are you willing to risk your reputation for following God? Ask Mary and Joseph. They did.
This year God is looking to give a gift of life. Are we ready? Are we willing to say yes?
What if we did? What if we actually bought into the spirit and willingness of Christmas? What if we actually loved harder than anyone else?

Speak on That!

1 comment:

Craig Frogale said...

This is amazing. I'm going to steal it for my friends at Common Table. Take care friend.