Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dude...

I was walking out of the house tonight to go to another meeting when Jackson calls to me. "Dad...you are my best friend! I love you!"

Wow. Right now I have a ton of things happening, (I'm also watching Duke play and I'm totally pulling for VT) as I'm getting ready for ordination interviews. I have a final (I pray) interview for my full ordination as an Elder in the United Methodist Church. My mind is running all over the place and with the pressure I feel preparing for this interview, I was almost brought to tears when my four year old son gave me a little perspective.

Don't get me wrong, I think the time is at hand for ordination, but I'm my son's best friend and right now that's enough to speak on it!
Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perspective is always a good thing, but it's easier said then done when your in the frying pan. I know how you feel brother. Good luck with everything and we'll pray for you.